Spring 2015 School Board Candidate Information
- There are two ways to file as a candidate for election.
1. File a declaration of intention to become a candidate with the McPherson County election office and pay a $5 filing fee.
2. File a petition with the county election officer. Petition must contain signatures of 50 registered voters within the member district.
- January 27, 2015 by noon is the filing deadline.
- April 7, 2015 is the General Election
- All School Board members must be registered voters in the district and cannot be an employee of the board on which they are a member.
- School Board members serve four-year terms.
- No candidate may withdraw their candidacy after the filing deadline.
- For more information on becoming a Board member, one may contact the Kansas Association of School Boards (800-432-2471, email@example.com, www.kasb.org) or stop by the Moundridge District Office and pick up a “Spring 2015 School Board Candidate Guide”.